Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Treehouse of Horror

Last week the Simpsons 24th Treehouse of Horror aired on Fox. The opening was directed by Guillermo del Toro and was very cool. He used a lot of sight gags and references to horror movies of the past, as well as his own movies, and even previous Treehouses of Horror!

My favorite part of the 3 minute open was when Springfeldians were being chased by classic movie monsters!

Some of the horror allusions are easily recognizable: everyone knows who Frankenstein is, right? Some of the bits are harder. I am not a big horror movie fan because I don't like being scared, but I have read about a lot of the clips. I know what The Shining is, even though I haven't seen it. A lot of horror authors appear, like Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, Alfred Hitchcock, Edgar Allen Poe, and HP Lovecraft.

Anyone remember this classic scene? Bart writes it on the chalkboard before being faced with an animated Stephen King!


More on this tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment