Monday, September 29, 2014

Grandpa's birthday

My Grandpa turned 80 last week. (My dad's dad. My other grandpa died a long time before I was born.) We had a sort of surprise dinner for him to celebrate. Jack and I wrote a proclamation for his birthday:

O most Venerable and Majestic Grandfather Ogre, Patriarch of the House of Mayer,

We, your two eldest grandsons, are pleased to congratulate you upon attaining the august age of eighty years upon this earth. May you continue to live long and prosper in the years to come.

Copious amounts of affection, Jack and Andy. (The Ogre thing has grown on me. I didn't like that nickname for a long time, but I'm okay with it now.)

And Jack read it in his dramatic Jack voice.

My cousin Daniel was at the dinner which was great. Daniel is my favorite cousin. He's funny, and easygoing, and we like the same things. We both like animation and video games and pop culture. It's too bad he lives in Ohio, because it would be fun to hang out with him more.


No comments:

Post a Comment