Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Grandpa's Birthday

My uncle John sent me an email to remind me that yesterday was my Grandpa's birthday. My dad called my grandparents' cottage to say happy birthday, but they were busy having a dinner party, so I didn't get to talk to him.

My dad and his brothers and sister call my grandpa "Ogre." I used to dislike this. I thought it was mean. Nowdays, it reminds me of a certain Ogre from Dreamworks and I think it's not too bad. Shrek is one of Dreamworks most popular characters and movie franchises. If Shrek can make an ogre popular, I guess my grandpa can be an ogre.

My family calls my grandpa the Ogre because he used to yell a lot when they were kids. He even has a funny poem taped to his wall:

The Ogre does what ogres can,
Deeds quite impossible for Man,
But one prize is beyond his reach:
The Ogre cannot master speech.

About a subjugated plain,
Among it's desperate and slain,
The Ogre stalks with hands on hips,
While drivel gushes from his lips.

I think the poem is a little mean, but still funny. Sometimes when my grandpa gets mad, he can't remember what he wants to say.

I think I am grandpa's favorite grandson because I look like him and my middle name is his first name. Also, I'm awesome. Jack is sort of awesome.

Happy Birthday Grandpa Ogre!

No comments:

Post a Comment