Thursday, November 1, 2012

A bunch of blah blah



Halloween: I was Fozzie Bear from the Muppets. Jack was Tim the Enchanter from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I went trick or treating for 2 blocks but then I came home. It was cold and a bit boring. Jack went off with his friends and Dad was working, so it was just me and mom. I got a bunch of Reese's peanut butter cups, so that's good enough for me!

Did you see this?




So funny! I love the Simpsons!   My brother Jack reminds me of Mr. Burns!  Matt Groening is one of the most talented people of all time. I'm writing an expository essay about The Simpsons and how the show has influenced many other tv shows. Ricky Gervais said that The Simpsons was an inspiration for the original English version of The Office. The Simpsons has been on tv for 24 years and 510 episodes! Ms. Marcheschi gave me a card she got from Starbucks so I could redeem the original Treehouse of Horror episode on iTunes. I watched it last night to finish off my favorite holiday!

2 comments:

  1. I was a kid when The Simpsons started. A lot of people thought kids should not be allowed to watch it because Bart is a bad influence, like when he says "Don't have a cow, man!". People used to think it was a big deal to say something like that on TV. Some schools wouldn't let you wear a Bart Simpson t-shirt to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandparents think The SImpsons is a horrible influence and won't buy me any of the DVDs no matter how many times I put them on my Christmas list.

    I don't see how Bart can be a bad influence. He's just a kid in a cartoon. Don't people know the difference between reality and tv?

    ReplyDelete