Thursday, January 15, 2015

Into the Woods review

Last weekend, my family went to see Disney's Into the Woods. This was a film adaptation of a musical by Steven Sondheim, taking a bunch of fairytales and squeezed them all within the span of 124 minutes such as Jack and the Beanstalk, Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Rapunzel and an original tale about a childless baker couple.

There was a lot of singing and it mostly stood true to the source material. I think the actors fit the characters well. My mom was annoyed by the boy who played Jack, because he played Gavroche in Les Miserables and she hates Gavroche and little Cosette. Meryl Streep was great as the Witch. The actor who played the Baker had a funny role on Dr. Who, so we liked him too. The Wolf, played by Johnny Depp, was DEFINITELY creepy! My mom says Johnny Depp specializes in playing creepy characters. I felt like the Wolf's costume was very Tex Avery-esque and that was a good thing.

In other news, my mom's friends Lizz and Erik had a baby the other day. Good for them! Welcome to the earth, Asher. I hope you enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment