Monday, April 21, 2014

This is What I call the Muppets Most Wanted Review!!!!

Well, you all wanted it so here it is: my review of the recent puppet flick, Muppets Most Wanted!

The story here is that after thinking up a sequel in the form of a fouth wall break and song-&-dance routine, the Muppets go on a world tour! But one problem.....Constantine, the world's most dangerous frog and Kermit's own Shadow the Hedgehog, is on the lose and takes the place of Jim Henson's amphibian while Kermit is mistaken and thrown in the Gulag. Now, the presentation is great but there is one teeny-tiny flaw: the whole "everyone mistakes evil double for the real deal while said real deal is in big trouble" has been done before. One of the only other things I saw do this was Sonic X, and the Muppets could see it was Kermit with a weird voice unlike the colorblind humans who could see a blue hedgehog in place of one who stole a Chaos Emerald.

The songs on the other hand are awesome! My favorites would be "We're Doing a Sequel", "I'm Number One", and "Welcome to the Big House." The first one has a peppy and welcoming feel after like what, three years since the first one? Also, Gonzo mentions Toy Story 4 at one point. I'm Number One is really wild and catchy for my taste while Big House has a jazzy feel for the gloomy Iron Bars Hotel where you'll probably be locked up for a while.

I got no time to speak of the characters since it's already nine at night so I'll give a quick recommendation. For those who saw the first film, is a diehard or regular fan of the Muppets, wanted the final two seasons of The Muppet Show on DVD or just loves a world tour film then go see it. And now the rating, I'd give it an 8/10. It may not hold up as well as the first film, but it's still great.

Statler: Y'know, I've got a great idea for a third film.
Waldorf: Easy, a film about not making a film!
Both: DOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

No comments:

Post a Comment