Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Day I Met Dav Pilkey



Last Saturday, my mom and I went to Anderson’s Bookshop in Naperville for a book signing by my favorite author Dav Pilkey. It was a really long drive but it was worth it. Pilkey recently released the long awaited ninth Captain Underpants book, “Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers”
I was very excited to see him but not so excited because of the long line. We had number 71 and I guess we were kind of lucky because we met some other people who had number 197! We waited in the bookstore for an hour. It was so crowded and loud. My mom found me a corner to sit in, so I read the new Pilkey book in between two bookshelves.
Finally, they said numbers 70 through 75 could line up. Whew! We waited for some more time, and then it was my turn! I told Dav Pilkey that my name was Andy and I am in 5th grade. I told him I was a huge fan and that I felt all us readers should “fight for truth, justice, and all that is preshrunk and cottony!”  He said I really knew my books. Then he told me he liked my shirt. (I was wearing the one that says “my daily routine: get up, BE AMAZING, go back to bed.”) He signed my book and my mom took a picture of us.
I can’t wait to grow up and be an author like Dav Pilkey! I will do book signings like he does, because he gets to sneak in the back door of the bookstore and doesn’t have to wait in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment