Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Casimir Pulaski Day

Yesterday, we had a day off for Casimir Pulaski Day. Who was Casimir Pulaski? He was a great man who helped the Americans in the Revolutionary war. We were fighting the British for our freedom.

According to wikipedia:

He was POlish
He fought in the Revolutionary War
He saved George Washington's life

He looked like this

I think he looks cool. Despite having a mustache and a Hamlet hairdo.

We had the day off school yesterday in his honor. That is because Chicago has a lot of Polish people. Dad says I am Polish but I tell him he's crazy. I am 100% AMERICAN. Even when I speak in a different language I am still American.

Well then, yesterday we went to Red Robin for lunch. I had a mini pizza. We tried to play truth or dare on the iPod, but Jack was disgusted and he turned off the game. On the Smurf Village app on the iPod I finally got Handy's Workshop by getting 500 gold pieces and planting crops.  Yay, ME!

After lunch, we went to Barnes and Noble. I got a blue globe puzzle and a Captain Underpants collector's edition book. The puzzle is kind of confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment