Monday, November 18, 2013

Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon!

Jack did the lights for a show at Loyola last weekend. It was called the Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon and it took all of the Brothers Grimm fairy tales and mashed them together.

Folks, it was HILARIOUS. I couldn't stop laughing. I was laughing so hard that my mom put her hand over my mouth and told me to quiet down. There was a devil character who laughed like one of the Three Stooges -- hilarious! They kept referencing Disney with songs and lines, and then one of the narrators would tell them to stop so they didn't get sued by the mouse -- hilarious! A few references to the Wizard of Oz -- hilarious! Little Red Riding Hood referenced the mafia -- hilarious!

At intermission, Dad took me to the lighting booth to see Jack. He asked Jack if Jack heard me laughing. Jack just said "yes" and rolled his eyes. Then someone kicked us out of the lighting booth because we weren't supposed to be there. Oops. Anyhow, I had a great time, and I usually get bored at the theater.

I give the Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon two thumbs up! It was a tour de force!

No comments:

Post a Comment