Monday, February 17, 2014

Ed Debevic's Review

Last night, me and Mom and Dad and Jack went downtown to dinner at a restaurant called Ed Debevic's.  Mom wanted to go there because it was where she and Dad had their first date, 26 years ago yesterday. Though they went to Ed Debevic's that was in Deerfield. That one is closed, so we had to go downtown. I was not thrilled about going, but mom told us all to humor her.

Ed Debevic's was good, but VERY LOUD. The music was super loud, and twice while we were there, the music got LOUDER and the waitresses got up and danced on the counter. That was kind of funny. They danced to YMCA -- it was okay. That rhymes "they were okay, YMCA!" I even made up a little tune for that. Too bad you can't hear me singing.

I ordered a cheeseburger. It was good, but it took FOREVER for the food to get out to us. For dessert we all had one of the "World's Smallest Hot Fudge Sundae." It was a teeny little sundae in a teeny little glass. We got to take the glasses home.

The waitress kept calling us jerks. Are we jerks? Maybe in a good way? Mom says that is the Ed's gimmick. The waitresses are fake mean.

I am glad Mom and Dad ate at Ed's 26 years ago because they got married and had me and Jack. However, I didn't appreciate all the hugging and kissing that was going on.  I made fake throw up noises, but they just rolled their eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment